You may have heard before several times….that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, it’s true….it not only provides important daily nutrients such as protein, fiber, calcium and carbohydrates, but it also helps improve overall performance on activities you do throughout the day; exercise being one of them! Here are a couple of other reasons why should never skip breakfast:
- It’s help limit overeating. It will help manage your appetite, reduce hunger, and therefore limit overeating through the course of the day.
- Boosts energy and your metabolism! Your body will be a fat burning machine and you’ll be full of energy and ready for your workout and other daily activities.
- Reduces stress! What you do the first hour after you wake up sets the stage for your whole day. If you have a full/satisfied stomach, you won’t be cranky (don’t know about you, but I totally get cranky when I’m hungry), and you’ll be more productive during the day.
- It will help you maintain a healthy weight. According to a study published in “Public Health Nutrition”, people who skip breakfast in the morning are more likely to overeat and have lower overall diet quality than people who eat breakfast every day. So DON’T skip breakfast….and remember some choices are better than others. Mix it up with carbs, protein and fat – for instance oatmeal, with a fruit, and if you have time make an omelet with cheese and some turkey bacon.
- Builds Healthy Eating Habits – Starting your day with a healthy breakfast sets the trend; you won’t ruin the rest of your day with junk if you start things off with a healthy breakfast. You will likely eat a healthy lunch, healthy snacks through the course of the day, and have a healthy dinner.
I never skip breakfast. I always have oatmeal and a fruit, or I make an omelet when I can. What did you have for breakfast today? Would love if you left me a comment below!
Stay Active. Eat Clean. Be FITTastic.